#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

As an aside, technology obviously isnt the same thing as technology.

My wife and I have mobile phones.  I frankly detest them.  However, in our
part of the city, Ma Bell effectively doesn't support having a land line.
After wasting hours several weeks in a row with repeated incidents of lines
just going dead, we had to give up and go for the alternate.

This is a general problem on our street, and I suspect this isnt the only
city letting the phone company do this in minority neighborhoods..