#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I would support every attempt at expanding the public sector (in useful ways,
obviously not the military, for instance) and every attempt at taking over
industries, failing or not! And I would have voted Sanders too, had I been
American. But as long as you have a private finance sector it can wreak massive
havoc on any such attempts. Mitterand backed down quickly 40 years ago and that
was a time and a place where objectively this process should have been less
difficult. The Scandinavian social democracies Sanders seems to admire have
stood for nothing but neoliberal anti-reformism since the early 80s as well
(Swedish social democracy has presided over the fastest growing gap between
labour and capital of any OECD nation). The question remains, how can Sanders
stand up to the pressure of finance capital and what forces does he have behind
him to make this stand possible?