#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

”What Daniel is implying is that the financial markets are controlled by the
political decisions of the capitalist class.”

No, I don’t mean to imply that they are CONTROLLED. What I said is they REACT.
There’s a very important difference between those words. Financial markets
certainly react as they do PARTLY because of conscious decisions in times of
conflict (capital flight, destabilization) and partly because people with power
over large sums of money tend to become worried about spending on welfare but
not so worried by spending on bail outs and arms.