#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

We know it with all the certainty we can know anything that hasn't happened
yet.  (They're just this minute announcing Bloomberg's out of it, which
means that all of the anti-Sanders eggs are in the Biden basket.)

The media had wall-to-wall Biden promotion to stop Sanders since Nevada.
It worked and there's no reason to expect that it will not use it again if
the campaign threatens a Biden coronation.  Conversely, the more the
Sanders campaigns tries to fight back, the more it is going to be
represented as being divisive and ultimately helpful to Trump's reelection.

Indeed, if, as it seems, Trump will get a second term, I'm certain the
Democratic pundits--and the various Republican pundits standing in for them
on cable "news"--will blame Sanders for damaging the campaign, just as they
blamed him for the defeat in 2016.  (You want to be a Democratic stand-in
for Nader, you will get the heat for it.)

There remains, of course, a chance for Biden to self-destruct with some
thoughtlessly tossed off rambling bit of offensiveness, but remember that
we've already seen this with statements that should have outraged black
voters . . . and some dismissiveness towards women.  But remember how this
worked with Trump?  We seem to be in an age where old white guys doing
self-destructive things in the national spotlight aren't going to
self-destruct if they're not presented or perceived as such.

I don't know where old tigers go to best fight this, my friend.  :-)