#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

The SDF was reportedly receiving aid worth $300 million per year from the US
(now cut to $200 million).  This was in the context of the war against ISIS.

By comparison, the Turkish military budget is $19 billion.

Even if US allies like Saudi Arabia make up for the cut to direct US aid, the
resources of the SDF will still be tiny compared to those of Turkey, which has
the military aircraft, tanks, drones, etc.

When Turkey invaded Afrin, the US did nothing to stop the invasion.  The US was
only interested in suppressing ISIS, not helping the SDF against Turkey.

Last year Turkey invaded a strip of land in northeastern Syria.  Currently the
Turkish army is focusing on Idlib, but if the ceasefire there holds I expect a
stepped up invasion of the northeast.

Chris Slee