#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Along with much of the left in this country that identifies with the tradition
of revolutionary Marxism, the LRP has considered it a basic principle to oppose
voting for capitalist parties. We have condemned such voting as “crossing the
class line” and for undermining the struggle for independent working-class
political organization and action. In the United States, the Democratic Party
postures as the friend of labor, women and minorities, so we have had to warn
especially against illusions in it. Along with the openly right-wing
Republicans, the Democrats are in fact a major party of the U.S.’s imperialist
capitalist class, one of the bloodiest ruling classes in history.
...Nevertheless, two major factors have prompted us to reconsider the principle
of not voting for capitalist parties and to consider a range of possible
electoral tactics that the principle would generally forbid.

http://lrp-cofi.org/statements/elections-capitalist-parties.html