#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

”It has been the Swedish left that has fiercely praised the Swedish COVID-19
response with overtones of nationalism.”

This is true, as long as by the left we mean neoliberal social democrats and
their supporters. People whose opinions are close to most of us on this list
are highly critical. Half my Facebook feed these days consists of criticism of
Tegnell and the official Swedish line on Covid.

The writer also misses out on one very important reason for the laissez faire
response: the extreme shift towards neoliberalism that we have seen in Sweden
over the last 4 decades, that has resulted in the fastest growing inequality
levels of any OECD nation since the 90s (US and UK included), as well as the
most profit-driven school system and a health care sector destroyed by
privatizations and NPM. If Thatcher once claimed that her greatest victory was
Blair and New Labour, Swedish social democrats today often act as if they were
literally possessed by her ghost. In the midst of this pandemic they took the
opportunity to attack one of the few remnants of our once progressive housing
policies, rent control. A text book shock doctrine move.

Website: http://filmint.nu/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FilmInt
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/FilmInt