#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

The differences Sugrue notes may not be universal.

In Oakland, plenty of Mom and Pop businesses had their windows smashed, for
instance.

True, the big box stores of Emeryville were pillaged but there were no protests
nearby.   Either the Oakland protesters went out of their way to grab TVs out
of the Best Buy in Emeryville,  which seems highly unlikely or the looters in
Emeryville were a different set of people than those protesting in Oakland.  SR.