#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Marxmailer Andrew Stewart writes lengthy article rebutting my claim that the BLM protests were like the antiwar movement. It is always best to cite someone when you are involved with polemics. In fact, my CounterPunch article said no such thing. It stated that they were like the October Moratorium that were promoted by DP operatives. Instead of co-opting us, we co-opted them to the left. More to the point, both the Moratorium and the George Floyd protests were by and large initiated by grass-roots organizers without any connection to a national organization. I tried to give an example from the small town of Monroe in upstate NY where a young college graduate's tweet led to 10 percent of the village attending a rally. I understand that Andrew is trying to defend the world against opportunists and traitors but a little bit more scholarly rigor would help.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/07/07/can-we-compare-the-george-floyd-protests-to-the-vietnam-war-protests-maybe-but-the-analogy-is-imperfect/