#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

In a passage in the interview, Barenboim says he shares an attitude with
Gramsci, saying: "Wider questions are very much on the minds of all
musicians in all countries right now. Barenboim is no exception. “I wish I
knew what the consequences will be,” he says.Or, rather, I want to know and
at the same time I don’t want to know. I share the philosopher Antonio
Gramsci
<https://www.theguardian.com/books/2006/feb/11/featuresreviews.guardianreview25>’s
view. "

Anyone here know what and where Gramsci said, in this regard?
Not a surprise that Barenboim - as one of the co-founders of the East West
Divan Orchestra with Edward Said - should talk of Gramsci knowingly. This
is at:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/jul/09/daniel-barenboim-if-i-could-never-conduct-a-live-ring-cycle-again-i-dont-know-what-i-would-do

Thanks, Hari Kumar