PRESS RELEASE #15

 May 7, 2000

 Spokespersons for the National Government and the FARC-EP, together in Villa
 Nueva Colombia, the main headquarters for the dialogues and negotiations;
 inspection of Los Pozos, municipality of San Vicente del Caguán, hereby
 inform the people:

 Today, in the presence of delegates from the governments of Spain and
 Norway, countries that have accepted the task of serving as facilitators for
 the first special public hearing on environmental issues and illicit crops,
 we agreed on the following work agenda for said meeting:

 AGENDA
 SPECIAL PUBLIC HEARING
 THE ENVIRONMENT AND ILLICIT CROPS

 SUNDAY MAY 28

 17:00  INTERNATIONAL DELEGATES ARRIVE AT THE NATIONAL GOVERNMENT
HEADQUARTERS
 IN SAN VICENTE DEL CAGUAN

 MONDAY MAY 29

 07:30  DELEGATE BREAKFAST; PLACE: GOVERNMENT HEADQUARTERS

 08:00  MOVE TO THE MAIN NEGOTIATIONS HEADQUARTERS - VILLA NUEVA COLOMBIA;
    GROUND TRANSPORTATION

 09:30  MEETING WITH THE DIALOGUES AND NEGOTIATIONS TABLE
    SUBJECT: EXPLANATION OF AND PROGRESS IN THE PEACE PROCESS

 12:30  LUNCH

 14:30  SPECIAL PUBLIC HEARING ON ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES AND ILLICIT CROPS;
    PLACE: MAIN DIALOGUES AND NEGOTIATIONS HEADQUARTERS

 17:30  BREAK

 19:00  CULTURAL PRESENTATION AND DINNER

 21:00  RETURN TO GOVERNMENT HEADQUARTERS

 MONDAY MAY 30

 06:30  BREAKFAST

 07:30  OBSERVATION TOUR ON THE ENVIRONMENTAL AND ILLICIT CROPS SITUATIONS
    TRANSPORTATION BY HELICOPTER

 12:30  LUNCH

 14:00  MEETING WITH THE DIALOGUES AND NEGOTIATIONS TABLE AND CONCLUSIONS

 16:00  RETURN TO SAN VICENTE DEL CAGUAN AIRPORT

 17:00  BOARDING AIRPLANES; RETURN TO BOGOTA

 The dialogues and negotiations table gratefully acknowledges the
 collaboration that countries acting as facilitators of this hearing are
 offering Colombia.

 Víctor G. Ricardo              Raúl Reyes
 High Commissioner for Peace            FARC-EP Spokesperson

 Camilo Gómez Alzate                Joaquín Gómez
 Negotiator                 FARC-EP Spokesperson

 Fabio Valencia Cossio              Simón Trinidad
 Negotiator                 FARC-EP Spokesperson

 Pedro Gómez Barrero                Carlos Antonio Lozada
 Negotiator                 FARC-EP Spokesperson

 José Gonzalo Forero Delgadillo
 Negotiator

 Juan Gabriel Uribe
 Negotiator

 Luis Guillermo Giraldo
 Negotiator

 PRESS RELEASE FROM SPAIN AND NORWAY

 At the request of the Dialogues and Negotiations Table, Spain and Norway
 have accepted with pleasure the responsibility of serving as facilitators
 for the special public Hearing to be held on May 29 and 30, 2000, on the
 peace process and the problematic of the environment and illicit crops.

 After the meeting held today, May 7, 2000, in Los Pozos, we facilitators
 value very highly the fact that all parties involved have decided to invite
 a large number of the International Community to the meeting.  We are
 confident that this is a decisive step toward the continuation and
 strengthening of the peace process.

 In conclusion, we sincerely thank the Government of Colombia and the FARC-EP
 for their gracious welcome and the facilities granted so this meeting will
 be possible.

     --- from list [EMAIL PROTECTED] ---