As it was written:

>From Kennedy To Obama; Liberalism's Last  Fling
http://www.johnpilger.com/

By John Pilger

>>  Moreover, none of the candidates represents so-called
mainstream America. In  poll after poll, voters make
clear that they want the normal decencies of  jobs,
proper housing and health care. They want their troops
out of Iraq  and the Israelis to live in peace with
their Palestinian neighbours. This is  a remarkable
testimony, given the daily brainwashing of ordinary
Americans  in almost everything they watch and read.<<

Comment

"Liberalism's Last Fling" roughly translates into the "prelude to class
consciousness" provided the communists are ideologically steadfast enough to
debate communism - socially necessary means of life, with the American
electorate
and everyone else.

It is high time to advocate economic communism and build the forces to make
despotic inroads into the power of capital. The goal is not to push Senator
Obama or anyone else to the so-called left but to build the social forces for
the communist revolution - American Brand.

I do not believe that the yearning of the vast majority of Americans for
peace is remarkable in light of the past decade or so. War production no longer

increases the demand for labor power and the promise of wages. 50 million
without health care coverage and another 50 million facing exuberant medical
cost is just the tip of the iceberg. Public education in our country is a joke
because the capitalist and their politicians will not fund education.

Our society teeters on revolutionary upheaval and is unable to orient our
youth towards the future. As a teen I clearly understood that if I did not
pursue higher education I could go into the factory system and make a "mans
wage"
and raise a family. The industrial form of public education had already
oriented me to industrial time frames and society's underlying industrial
rhythm.
This is not the case today.

In the absolute meaning of Marx statement in his "Preface," all the room in
the industrial system has been used up and society is leaping to a new
revolutionary set of productive forces. I clearly remember the cyclical crisis
of
overproduction, which spelt economic catastrophe for the industrial sector of
the economy as crisis bounced between agriculture, industry and finance.
Today the crisis of overproduction, which Marx and Engels wrote  brilliantly
about
has been superceded by permanent and intractable overcapacity  in one sector
of the economy after another, with no possibility of converting  increasing
masses into proletarians. This overcapacity is wholly the result of  the
increasing revolution in the productive forces fettered - held back, by
bourgeois
production relations.

An era of communist revolution has emerged world wide and history demands
that the communist in America prepare themselves for the most historic of all
historical roles. Revolution in the citadel of capital is what the world
toilers  await.

The people of America are on time. In fact the peoples of America are
proving to be more revolutionary than the revolutionaries.

The solution to our economic problems is economic communism.  There is no
middle ground.

Our battle is to shape the concept of economic communism (socially  necessary
means of life - even if one has no money), in terms the people of  America
can understand. Our task as communist is not to promise to put everyone  to
work. We do not face a labor shortage and the masses will volunteer their
labor
in their millions.

Communism . . . there, I said it again.

WL.