In a message dated 7/5/2008 9:03:41 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>> The moment a non-Marxist  non-Leninist source is cited in a nominally
M-L List as authoritative is yet  another moment classical moment in
revisionist opportunism.  M-L grows  by digging out and thrashing what
is non- or anti-Leninist in the works of  those who have acquired
currency. <<

Comment

All of Marx sources where  . . . well non-Marxist. In the context of  this
thread Lenin's sources in Imperialism - the economic data, are non-Marxist.
The
fact of the matter is that Marxists and people on this list do not have the
ability to gather the data and facts themselves and by default must learn to
sift through data provided by the bourgeois intelligentsia. It is in fact the
decay within the bourgeois intelligentsia that provides fresh elements of
enlightenment to the proletariat. Many of us are more than capable of shifting
through this material.

This thread is about the modern form of financial imperialism, the new
financial architecture and its impact on the world. It this important? Yes.
Why?
Because every communist worth their salt understand that we can only really
fight in the political arena and new forms of financial imperialism have their
corresponding form of engagement called politics. The era of domination of the
 speculator - not simply banking capital over/fused industrial capital, must
by  definition produce a some what different form of social and class
conflict.  That is why we study these things.

Put it this way, we are not going to  re-fight the period of the rise of the
industrial union form. Or the Civil  Rights Movement or the long eras of the
national and then national colonial  revolutions.

It is not well thought out to condemn non-Marxist sources without  evaluating
the value of the material presented. What is truly scary is the  inability of
some comrades to evaluate the environment of the class struggle in  real time
and instead rest upon ideological proclamation.

The demand is for clarity.

Here is an example. Why is current US policy a push for a unipolar  world?
The ideologue rest content with answering "because the Soviet Union  no longer
exists."  No, something else is taking place - and must be taking  place, that
expresses a new relationship within finance capital. In this respect  I must
offer a serious criticism of characterizing the essence of the financial  era
of Imperialism as monopoly capital without understanding  financialization and
how the financial industrial capitalist came to dominate  capital on the basis
of the consolidation of banking capital and centralization.

That is why it was necessary to reprint Lenin so comrades could evaluate  the
material for themselves rather than rest content upon what  some individual
says.

It is sinning against reality to pretend that there is nothing to be gained
from studying non-Marxists. In fact it is childishness of the worse kind.

WL

******

>> It's not name-calling. Waistline. It's political  method. The issue is
not that you don't have M -L views, nor is there some  issue of which
points is your view not M-L. The issue is your approach.  There's no
M-L method in it anywhere. Wishing for communism does not make it  so,
nor does it make the individual covering themselves in such wishes a
communist or Marxist or Marxist-Leninist. Waistline is not atypical
of a  large swath of Left political opinion in the U.S., especially
from a  generation and level and years of movement experience and
participation.  This experience and participation has turned such
individuals into a kind of  "cordon sanitaire" against the spread /
revival / renewal of the people's  movement on the basis of modern
communism. The experience of fighting for  modern communism includes
the last decade and a half of resisting in  practical ways and
situations the negative consequences of the collapse of  the old
Soviet-led camp. I neither see, hear nor otherwise sense such a
treasury of experience, or even a hint of its existence, coming from
Waistline. Instead, there's some recycling of hints of Left-ish
consciousness popping up here or there in Henry Liu or this writer or
that writer.<<

Comment

Name calling is not a political method. Name calling is an ideological
weapon. Generally, the name calling on this list is simply a cover for a lack
of
substance. I feel no need to continually label your particular theories on
monopoly capitalism as thick ideology, imported directly from the CPUSA.

For instance writing about "the mean trend in the world" being revolution  is
just ideological posturing with no substance. If the main trend in the world
we are living is revolution then produce the facts. Has not "the main trend"
for  the past 100 years been "revolution?" Of course it has and this
revolution was  from agricultural relations to industrial relations with
bourgeoisie
and  proletariat fighting for ruling class position. The proletariat called its

fight the fight for communism. The bourgeoisie called its fight the battle
for  the free market system. In the less economically developed areas the
masses
were  thrown into waves of anti-colonial revolts and revolution.

We live in different world apparently.

"The mean trend in the world is revolution" is just silly talk.

That one can speak of the experience of fighting for communism - (that
includes the last decade) is mind boggling.  Produce the evidence  where the
working class - including in the last decade, has been fighting for  communism.
Why
live in a fantasy world?

Are you referring to America or Canada? You write things that make no  sense.
The working class of America has no experience in fighting for communism
outside of its inherent spontaneous striving to live and exist.

The issue is not your evaluation of me as an individual or mythical
political method of discourse. .

The archives of this list contains enough material from me on strikes; the
strike wave the 70's the peaking of the strike wave and the wave of rebellions
spanning into the 1980s. Events within auto for at least the past 3 - 5
years,  including the article on Chrysler the other day. If the list policy is
only  present material by Marxist writers - which it is not, then who decides
the  article is sufficiently Marxist?

Let me guess . . . Mr. Intangible.

Experience?

There was of course the lengthy discussion of Peter's Manual on Communist
Organization and how it was implemented in our organization and the results.
Discussion about the impact on the communist movement in America and what it
meant when the social struggle shifted in the 1950s and comrades had dug  into
the trade unions and factories. Things like why a party is not an army and
could not shift to recruit the new social forces because you cannot demand that

people quit their jobs and relocate. Real issues have been discussed. There of
 course was the most intense discussion on the industrial proletariat and its
 rise and fall, as it was configured on the basis of the evolving
electro-mechanical process.

You apparently forget the long period of combat against the ideological
terrorist doctrine on this list. This particular battle was based on decades of

experience in real communist organization.

Discussions in the past about nuclear power and the viral theory of disease
are cutting edge. The latter is always timely because the proletarian masses
are  literally sick. You are not required to be interest is such discussions.
although in retrospect it might do well to study something about the human
body  and health.

*********

Listen to yourself:

>> So where are the shoots of modern communism to be found
in  North America? Try the commentaries of K.C. Adams in TML Daily.
These are  the summation of weekly discussions every Thursday among
hundreds of  industrial steelworkers at Canada's main industrial steel
plant, Stelco  Hilton Works, in Hamilton, Ontario (about 200 miles
east northeast of  Detroit/Windsor or 30 miles west southwest of
Toronto).<<

Regards

******

Comment

The mean shoots of modern communism in North America?

The mean shoots of modern communism?

No disrespect meant, but my attention right not is not about discussions of
steel workers. That is not what is in front of me, nor do I work in a steel
mill. You are free to relay to this list those discussions - of the steel
workers, you find timely and important. What's the hold up?

Isn't the truth that you write about the things you want to write about?

Do you realize that you actually suggest reading an old article by Enver H.
to explain modern dollar hegemony and its impact of the world proletariat? You
 screamed from the high heavens that there is nothing fundamentally different
 between the "policy of the dollar" arising on the basis of the conclusion of
 WWII and today's new non-banking financial architecture in the "unipolar
world  of today."

"There is basically no significance to fiat currency or its importance to
the evolution of the struggle of the proletariat today." You forget that it is
precisely shifts within capital and its corresponding shape as politics that
inform and condition the struggle of the proletariat. These are not academic
and  "big headed questions" but issues with a material meaning in real life.

Behind American dollar hegemony is not just the classical polarization of
wealth and poverty - that flows from the bourgeois property relations (private
appropriation), but a new externalization - (breach of the historical bond
between capital and a section of the proletariat) that did not exist during the

time of Lenin.

This is not the world of Lenin for Christ sake. This is not the world of  Mao
or Enver.

Why try to recreate what Lenin did and his specific forms when the world  has
changed? Rather, why not abstract what is critical in Lenin with a view to
our own proletariat in the here and now?

Thick ideology prevents you from understanding what is taking place in the
real world and it is precisely your ideology that runs against the grain of
anyone trying to make sense of today's world and real events today. The world
of
 my auto years are gone. In May I presented to this list an  article about
auto sector workers facing a 50% cut in wages. 50%!!! There is a  reason why
these workers are not in open rebellion, nor the rest of American  society and
the answer is not revisionism or simply bribery of the  workers. Issues like
this have been written about on this list.

No one is required to agree with any individual on this list.

What is needed is a real world Marxist shifting through the complex  economic
and social factors summing up the history of the proletariat in the
historical imperial centers.  Such is what everything I submit to this list
and write
about is geared to and the conclusions are very different from the
traditional explanations of the class struggle.

This is cutting edge stuff and you are not required to agree with any of  it.

Calling someone a revisionist and opportunists is no political method. This
is not a party organization. In fact this method continues to limit the
contributions to this list and keeps it narrowed down to the "true believers"
and
the three real Marxists left in the world.

I could go on and on but why?

Why not consider growing up a bit?

WL

fuel-efficient used cars.