Is it male supremacist to state that women have spent their life cycle
fighting men? After all, women have had to fight men. First for some control of
 the check book, then say so over wages and for equality on the job.

I agree that in this sixth phase of African American liberation and third
phase of social revolution the conditions for a new level of unity across
the  color line exists. The color factor persists because inequality remains.
Without  question things have changed in our country with the collapse of
Jim Crow.

What may I ask was African Americans fighting for and who were they
fighting in society, the factories and all areas of social life during the
first
five phase of the battle for quality?

This phase - the sixth, of the African American liberation is tightly bound
 up with emancipation of the proletariat as a class. This was not true in
previous phases of African American liberation.

In the first phase the struggle was against slavery and in the North
against isolation and terror of the white masses post 1790. The second phase
was
post Civil War or the period of Reconstruction. The third phase was the
counter  revolution and overthrow of Reconstruction governments. The fourth
phase begins  with mechanization of agriculture and runs through the post WW II
period to the  passage of the Voting Rights Act and Fair housing laws. The
fifth phase begins  with the election of Carl Stokes. This sixth phase
begins as the 1990 Los Angels  rebellion.

Obama just may represent a new phase - the seventh, but I leave that to the
 historians to come. Crossing the color line and electing a black as
president is  the most profound indication of a shift in social awareness since
the period  opened by the 1965 Watts rebellion. The issue for me and voting
for Obama,  rather than supporting his administration, was not Obama as
bourgeoisie, but  cracks in historic all class white unity. My love affair with
Obama ended with  his last inaugural dance, which I wrote about and stated on
line. The party  generally ends with the last dance.

White workers in the flesh fought to protect their historically evolved
privileged social position. This does not mean every single white person in
America or on earth. All class unity of whites has been the fundamental
stumbling lock to the unity of the proletariat forever. What we are dealing
with
 is not racism but privilege. This privilege is experienced as the color
factor,  or labor branded in the black. The color factor is articulated in the
 ideological sphere as racial concepts and race theory or the bourgeois
doctrine  of racism.

The social struggle of the blacks in Detroit for instance, in the
factories, from 1915 to roughly 1980 was not against an abstract institution of

racism, but real people who supported and implemented terror and discrimination
 to maintain a privileged social position and deny blacks as a group
employment.  There is a material reason why Ford was the last of the auto
companies to be  organized and why the decisive battle took place at Ford
Rouge,
which housed  20,000 black workers. One may not be aware of the role and
history of black  communists under conditions of segregation during the period
of
fight for  industrial unionism.

One may not be aware of the intensity of the armed conflict in places like
Cleveland Ohio and during the entire era of "Black Power." Some of our
fights in  and around Detroit involved armed conflict. One can of course type
in
Benton  Harbor Michigan to understand how the class struggle expresses
itself through  and as the color factor.

The working class fights itself as an expression of the wage labor form,
which rest exclusively on competition for jobs. Marx statement that "labor in
 the white cannot emancipate itself when it is branded in the black," is a
profound assessment of the color factor as American history. The color
factor in  American history is about the ideological manipulation and control
of
white  people - the white sections of the proletariat, cementing all class
unity  against the "ideological other."

The color factor is in fact one of the forms of the "class struggle."

There is nothing "racist" about telling the truth.

WL