Dear list,

At last, the long-awaited new version of the Mascagni web site, dubbed
Mascagni.og 2.0, is up! You can find it at the usual address:

   http://www.mascagni.org/

The original web site, created more than three years ago, was very
static and had become hard to maintain. The new version will hopefully
accommodate changes and updates in a much better way.

Improvements include a new look, an updated home page, more pictures,
more bibliography entries, more works, and a new page about the Centro
Studi Mascagnani headed by Carlo Botteghi. I also started a FAQ
(Frequently Asked Questions) that I hope will be a good starting point
for people new to Mascagni and his music. The FAQ contains only a few
questions at this point, but there is about a dozen more in
preparation.

The new web site features a much improved discography, listing not
only complete recordings of operas but also a fair amount of
individual arie and other works such as songs and orchestral
pieces. It is possible to navigate from recorded performances to
individual recordings and works, leveraging the hypertext capabilities
of the web.

Coming soon still be more work on the discography, in particular I
have dozens of CDs yet to enter! The discography won't be complete any
time soon, but in the short term it will reasonably reflect the
landscape of available or once available CD recordings, with a fair
share of LPs as well.

At any rate, enjoy, and as always, I appreciate comments and
suggestions!

-Erik