Believe it or not, there is s portrait even worse on one of the coins
shown in the 1963 Livorno book! Mascagni looks like coming straight from
hell on that one ;-)

Note that the hair style is typical from his last years (I can't put my
finger on the exact dates, but that's probaly in the 20's or later).

-Erik