>Is there any way I can set up my system so that the clients to this system
>do NOT have to have hard coded DNS addresses.

Eddie..

I have covered this and a BUNCH of other stuff on my TrinityOS
doc.  Check it out:

http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch/LINUX/index-linux.html

TrinityOS:

TrinityOS is my step-by-step guide to configuring up a powerful Linux server.

[Updated 05/30/98] - Click to see recent changes

Documented features for both Slackware and Redhat users include:

   Current
   Features:       - Full LAN masquerading (IP MASQ) using a private class B
                   - Masq port forwarding support (IPportfw)
                   - Advanced packet filter firewall ruleset
                   - PPP connectivity to your ISP (for modem users)
                   - Dial-on-Demand Internet connections (modem users)
                   - Automatic Internet connections every 15 minutes (modem
users)
                   - Dual 10Mb/s Ethernet network support (3c509b) NICs
                     (modem and cablemodem users)

                   - Full Bind v8 DNS and DNS caching service
                   - Full Sendmail mail system support w/ domain masqurading
                   - TELNET, FTP, and POP3 services
                   - Secured IP address telnet access
                   - Modified telnet and ftp port addresses
                   - Full SVGA X-Windows support (Xfree only.  Metrox-X sucks)
                   - Advanced SYSLOG logging
                   - Advanced system security

                   - DHCP server for other LAN machines (laptops, etc)
                   - NTP time calibration
                   - SCSI-based TR4 tape backup via BRU

     Future
     Features:

                   - Full APC SmartUPS powerdown support
                   - Full Samba Microsoft Windows file & printing support
                   - Sound Blaster 16 and SB32AWE-PnP sound support
                   - 128-bit encrypted Apache WWW server
                   - Full SSH telnet and X-windows encrypted tunnels
                   - BZip2 compression w/ tar patches

                   - Iomega parallel ZIP drive support
                   - Tripwire Security Breech monitoring
                   - WWW Proxy services
                   - WWW banner add filtering
                   - SATAN / COPS / ISS tested

 |  David A. Ranch  - Remote Access/Linux/PCs       [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |
 `----- For more detailed info, see http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch -----'