I've been using IP Masquerading without problems from several clients and
am just starting to get Diald setup to work correctly.  I've got Diald to
correctly bring up and down the link when using a web browser on
the linux server.  The client machines when seeking a DNS also correctly
brings up the link.  However, web page retrievals, mail retrievals etc.
can't work
from apps on the client..  Despite the ppp link to the ISP being brought up
correctly, the apps can't contact the DNS. They do work however if the link
is first brought
up by an app on the linux server.  I've seen posts in the mail archive
indicating
the same problem but I've not been able to find a post with a solution.  The
Ip-Masq and Diald docs/faqs etc. don't seem to address this problem
directly.
At least, I can't seem to find anything that discusses this.  Hope someone
here
on the mailing list is able to provide some pointers or indicate a solution
to my problem.  Thanks in advance.

CW