>> Linux assumes a base line for EVERYTHING.  Do you have a fast UDMA
>> IDE hard drive?  You aren't using its full potential!  You need to
>> either tweak the kernel or use HDPARAM to get the full speed out
>> of your IDE drives.
>
>I don't suppose this stuff is documented anywhere.  :)

Here is a good starting point for UDMA drives:

        ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/mini/Ultra-DMA

>I've occasionally found those, but usually by accident.  I didn't even
>know about the /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_dynaddr setting, which I sure
>would've liked to have known about a year ago!!

Gotta read the docs..

>You think so?  I've been reading the ipchains page, and it sounds like
>it's almost a straight conversion.  The command is "ipchains" instead of
>"ipfwadm", and the options have changed letters a bit, but overall it
>looks almost the same, or at least, it can be treated the same, if you
>want to.  You don't have to create custom chains if you don't want to.  :)

Agreed.. but I'm lazy!  :)

--David
|  David A. Ranch - Remote Access/Linux/PC hardware      [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |
`----- For more detailed info, see http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch -----'