Original Text
From: "John Schmerold" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 27/08/98 5:29 pm:
We all have projects we're working on at one time or another.  I've wanted
to get involved in Linux for a long time.  Indeed, I've purchased several
Linux distributions over the years, all of which remain on the bookshelf
uninstalled, because I've never had a business reason to install them &
develop my personal fascination with UNIX which all started at a C class
held at Bell Labs in Warrenville, IL in the 1970s.  I now have a legitimate
business need to learn this stuff.  I need to build a dual ethernet router
with IP MASQ - &/or NAT capabilities.  Hopefully, I'll even be able to
integrate 3COM's cable modem ( model #2699 ) into the box & possibly ISDN
modem.  From there I'll try grander things such as IMAP4 server, web server
etc.

OK, here's my question:  For this application  -  a router box with IP MASQ
capabilities, which distribution should I start with.

All opinions are certainly welcome.

John Schmerold

Katy Computer Systems
20 Meramec Station Rd