On 9 Feb 99, at 14:19, Christoph Monig wrote:

> For some clients, parts of the Internet disappear. you can't ping, ftp,
> or http to some  adresses, while to others you can.
> When I reboot my masq-gate, everything seems to turn back to normal.
> My setuip is an Ethernet device for my LAN and a ppp-dialout to the
> Internet.

How many clients are using your masq-gate at the same time?

Which Linux are you running?

Initially, I would check your timers, if alot of clients are connecting,
I would make it less.

I have been using the following, it works fine for a "home-network"
and also a "busy-office-network".

# timeouts
# 15 minutes for tcp, 5 mins - after a fin, 10 mins  for udp
/sbin/ipfwadm -M -s 900 300 600

I forget what the "default" values are.

-- Matthew