Greetings.

As I write this, the new mailing list software is generating messages to
all masq subscribers informing them of the new software features and
addresses. In a few minutes, the [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
[EMAIL PROTECTED] addresses will be forwarded over to the new
software, and life will go on :)

There are some new features in the mailman software that some of you may
find useful. You can find them all in the email interface
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) or the web interface
(http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq/), but here are a
couple that may be of interest to most users.

        DIGEST - You can choose to receive a digest of the
                masq mailing list, instead of every message
                as it comes out. Choosing this option will
                reduce load on the server, so please do this
                if it's appropriate.

        ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS - You can get a brief message from
                the server when your post is processed.

        RECEIVE MAIL FROM THE LIST - This option lets you
                choose whether to receive mail from the list.
                Since you cannot post from an unsubscribed
                address, you can add your other posting addresses
                and turn off mail to them from the list.

Users who used to be on the digest list will receive a one-time invitation
to join the digest form of the list. If you are on realtime and were on
digest as well, please ignore that message.

> Indyramp is migrating
> toward the Postfix secure mailer (http://www.postfix.org/) and the GNU
> interested in such details.

I had a couple of inquiries in response to this, asking why I wasn't going
with (staying with) qmail and ezmlm or other packages. I've been using
qmail+ezmlm for nearly a year (masq and a couple of other lists moved from
Procmail/Smartlist to qmail+ezmlm in March '98), and while it gave plenty
of speed and security, I found the configuration to be less than
enjoyable.

postfix provides a substantial amount of security and control with much
simpler configuration than sendmail or qmail. mailman makes list control
much easier for the often-detested web generation, which comprises most of
Indyramp's list audience, as well as for me. Between the two, I've found a
combination that makes life easier for me and for a huge percentage of the
10,000 different people who use Indyramp lists.

Thanks again for all of your support over the years (it's been 5 1/2
years, hasn't it?) and welcome to the next phase of the masq list.

--Rob Novak

--
Robert Novak, Indyramp Consulting * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * indyramp.com/~rnovak
             "You can't always go by the manuals." -- The Doctor