On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Fuzzy Fox wrote:

> This is the preamble of the connection, and it's good.  There are no
> errors here; sendmail accepted the message.
>
> So, it must be when sendmail tried to route the message from there, that
> something went wrong.  Check the log file for the reason.
>
> My guess is that your mailer has a max-message-size defined, that you
> need to increase (or turn off).

That was already turned off:
# maximum message size
#O MaxMessageSize=1000000

I find out, that it is not due to binary attachments that sendmail hangs,
because it does not send any attachments larger than 5kB.
And the errormessage in /var/log/maillog says that it timed out.
Is there a better way to debug ???

Ciao
     Carsten

Carsten Otto
Max-Born-Institut - Rudower Chaussee 6 - 12489 Berlin
Tel.: +49-30-6392-1341