Dmitry wrote:
Michiel Boland wrote:
Hi. Core dumps are only enabled if you specify a directory in the config file to dump core in. You can do this using the CoreDirectory directive. Make sure the user you specify in the config file can create files in this directory.

Michiel,

I forgot to say that CoreDirectory was enabled in the config:

It could be that the OS does not allow coredumps for processes that have done a setuid.

For example, on FreeBSD you have to do

 sysctl kern.sugid_coredump=1

Not sure how to do this on other OSes but it's probably something similar.

Also you won't get a core dump if a core file already exists but is not writable. That may be obvious but I got bitten by this just now.

Cheers
Michiel