To the fantastic matplotlib developers,
I am having a strange behavior when using zooming.  I have tried it with
WX, Wxagg, and TKagg, and with Numeric and numpy.  It occurs in multiple
interpolation types as well.   The best way to see this behavior is to
use the image_interp.py example.  If you zoom in enough, the image
starts to fade to white, and then turn completely white.  If you zoom in
to about where the zoom the axes area spans 0.1 units, it should still
look fine, but then a span of 0.01 unit will be all white.  If you zoom
in slowly to where the color is starting to wash out to white, then
resize the window, you will see more strange whitening behavior (the
color fluctuates between white and the correct color as you change the
window size).   This is on a windows machine with Python 2.4.
Another clue.  if I save the white appearing axes to a png, it looks fine.
the way it fades out almost seems like something going wrong with an
alpha value somewhere...
any thoughts?

thanks,
Tim