On Nov 28, 2007, at 12:03 AM, John Hunter wrote:

> I think native tcl/tk is preferable, but this is not a terribly
> informed opinion.  If you don't hear otherwise from someone else, just
> build under that assumption.

I am still having issues with Tk on my machine  (native? version
8.4.7).  In particular, event.key does not register (which I use
quite a bit in my interactive grid generation tools).  Not even the
'g' to toggle the grid.  I also get an error when creating a figure
instance:

2007-11-28 14:19:46.440 Python[19291] *** _NSAutoreleaseNoPool():
Object 0x17ca2f30 of class NSCarbonWindowContentView autoreleased
with no pool in place - just leaking
     <matplotlib.figure.Figure instance at 0x711300>

Other backends (tried Wx 2.8.6.1  and Qt4) _do_ work fine on the
latest svn.

I don't think anyone else is experiencing this problem.  I reported
it earlier, and John said it works fine for him -- nobody else chimed
in to say they had the same problem...

I just wanted to be sure you all were aware of potential Tk problems
before your release.

-Rob

----
Rob Hetland, Associate Professor
Dept. of Oceanography, Texas A&M University
http://pong.tamu.edu/~rob
phone: 979-458-0096, fax: 979-845-6331