Another use case in favor of implementation of the URL property at the
artist level:

Consider a map with scatter points representing geolocated photos that
can be viewed at some URL. Attach a mouse click on the artist to the
following code:
import webbrowser
webbrowser.open(patch.url)
And you have an interactive map that lets you grab remote data.

-Eric