Hi William,

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 8:25 AM, william
ratcliff<william.ratcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!  I just installed matplotlib version .99 (windows vista, python25,
> 32bit) and found that
> this line was missing:
> QtGui.qApp.processEvents()
>
> Adding it sped the QT4Agg backend back to reasonable speeds--but it still
> seems a bit slow.  Otherwise, I am using the excellent Python(x,y) 2.1.14
> release for my python distribution on this machine.  Could this line be
> added back?

Unfortunately, no, that line can not be added back in. When that line
is in place, the backend attempts to process queued events before it
is finished processing the current event. It was leading to segfaults
in some cases. processEvents should not be called in the middle of
processing an event.

I tested the responsiveness of panning and zooming with and without
that call to processEvents, on Linux and windows and it looked fine.
Maybe its an issue related to a specific Qt version on windows. Things
looked fine for me with Qt-4.5/PyQt-4.5 on 64bit Vista.

Darren