Hello,

I have been trying to modify the custom projection example
(http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/api/custom_projection_example.html)
to plot a Sanson Flamsteed Projection (Sinusoidal projection).

Such a projection is defined as:

long0=0
x = (long-long0)*cos(lat)
y=lat

The problem is how to correctly handle the:
* _gen_axes_patch
* _gen_axes_spines

As the resultant plot area/plot boundaries is not circular/elliptical
like the examples provided.

Does anyone, who has played with this projections, or has better
understanding of matplotlib provide me with a way to handle this?

Regards

Mitchell