On 01/10/2013 05:19 AM, Phil Elson wrote:
I agree with getting going on these two. My preference is for the mandrill image, but the truth is, I don't have a problem with what is already there... so any of the following outcomes would be fine with me:

 1. We merge mandrill & close #1599
 2. We merge Ada & close #1581
 3. We close #1581 & #1599 and keep Lena

On the front of stacking of pull requests - I agree we have a big problem. Would it be sensible to arrange a "pull request week" in the next month or so, where as a development team we seriously focus on closing down as many of the pull requests as possible?

That's a good idea, assuming we can all carve out time at the same time -- personally, I tend to get pulled away from matplotlib for other projects on a semi-random and semi-urgent basis, so it's not always easy to commit to things. Alternatively, maybe we could divide the open PRs into numerical ranges amongst some volunteers, who could triage and assign them to the attention of the appropriate experts?

Mike