On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Nelle Varoquaux
<nelle.varoqu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22 March 2013 18:06, Michael Droettboom <md...@stsci.edu> wrote:
>>
>> On 03/22/2013 12:45 PM, Nelle Varoquaux wrote:
>>

>>> I'm hoping to host a matplotlib sprint during the final two days of Scipy
>>> 2013 this year, and I hope to see as many as possible of you there.  I think
>>> it's also really important to bring new developers into sprints, because
>>> it's such an efficient way to get people familiar with the code base.

Awesome idea.  I am for sure in.  In fact, I work in Austin now; it'd
be great to actually meet some of you in person.  We should share some
breakfast tacos or interior Mexican food!

>> Being in Europe, it is very unlikely I'll come to Scipy this year, but I
>> think it is a great idea to organize a sprint during this period.
>>

>> I'll also try to set up some sort of remote communication tool (such as
>> Google Hangouts, or even just IRC) so that people can "participate" in the
>> sprint remotely.
>

> There's a #matplotlib chanel on irc, where a dozen people hang out. That
> could be a nice place to gather people during the sprint.

Is this on freenode?  I joined it yesterday to scope it out but it was
pretty quiet.

>>> It might be helpful to start brainstorming now about which projects we
>>> may want to tackle so that we can have as much in place as possible by then
>>> and hit the ground running.
>>

>> One of the things I think would be great to tackle is the replacement of
>> the Travis bot. Ideally, I'd like to see a pep8 check of each patch and a
>> daily build of the documentation on master in addition of the tests.
>>

>> Agreed.  That's definitely on my todo list.  We've got some funding
>> through my employer to pay for continuous integration hosting -- it's just
>> taking a while to work its way through the system.  Once we have some sort
>> of paid hosting system, we should be able to do a lot more than Travis
>> currently can.
>>
>> Mike
>>

>>> I've set up a wiki page here:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/wiki/Scipy-2013

I have edited the Wiki to confirm my attendance.

--
Damon McDougall
http://www.damon-is-a-geek.com