Last year, Paul wrote a survey for matplotlib so we could collect data on which versions of dependencies are being used, as well as to collect other data.

You can see it here:survey <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHpQS25pcTZIRWdqX0pNckNSU01sMHc6MQ>

We dropped the ball on actually advertising this survey and getting some results, but I agree that we should do this. Looking at it now, it's a little out of date in places (version of Python available, we should add Anaconda as options, etc.), but fundamentally I still think is very good.

Paul: Can you give me edit permissions so I can update it?

Everyone else: Are there any other changes you think we should make before we put this out?

I think this, given enough responses, could be very helpful in determining our dependencies going forward, in addition to what I'm proposing in issue https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/issues/2191.

Cheers,
Mike