I've started a MEP related to improving our continuous integration system for matplotlib.

https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/wiki/Mep19

Rather than deal to much with implementation at this point, I thought it best to start by outlining our requirements. At this point, let's just get everything we'd like in, and we can worry about prioritizing things later.

Once that's done, we can start discussing how to get things set up. We have some donation money to use for buying machines or paying for services, so we are not limited to what is available for free. I would particularly like feedback from others who have set up similar things. I have some experience with ShiningPanda (a service based on Jenkins), and Travis. We used buildbot in the past, but I have little direct experience with it. Are there other obvious candidates or approaches?

Mike