>>> Rationale, please?
>>

>> Consistency: it is never capitalized in matplotlib's documentation.
>

> True, and a valid point--but we could easily change that.  Wouldn't it make
> it bit more readable if sentences always started with a capital letter?
> Starting with lower case just looks wrong and artificial.

I'm going to give two bad reasons to keep it this way:
1. backward compatibility :p
2. you are used to having sentences start with capital letter, but
this is mostly cultural. German People capitalize almost all Words in
a Sentence. It just looks weird too… (There is the other extreme:
people who don't seem to know where the shift button on their keyboard
is when writing an email.)

I'm actually fine with changing it, but I think we should try as much
as possible to be consistent.
Nele