FYI the notebook isn't working for me in IPython 2.2.0

I agree with Michael's sentiment that from a marketing perspective, a
matplotlib-only colormap is advantageous to maintain a consistent brand.

Will these colormaps also be used for non-imshow/colormesh/pcolormesh data,
as in for line colors as well? I think that's a great idea! It'll make the
black and white versions easier to understand since the changing colors
will monotonically increase/decrease in darkness rather than randomly
changing.

RE: Nathaniel - I'm not as much of a fan of changing line styles in
addition to colors, but that's my personal preference for plotting lines
specifically. When plotting scatters, I think it does make sense, since the
room to perceive a change in color is so small, that a change in shape
helps too.