Hello

Is there any reason why the "num" property is assigned to the manager and
not to the figure?
Pyplot.gcf is to get the "current figure" not the "current manager".

In general this is not a problem. But I'm working on MEP23 where one
manager can contain several figures. And it would be pretty nice if I could
reference the figures by that number not the managers.

A priori, do you see any problem with a PR changing that?

Thanks
Federico