Christopher Barker wrote:

> ednspace wrote:
>> I'm using WXpython and the OO api of matplotlib.
>
> Have you tried wxAgg? if nothing else, it should look better. It would
> be interesting to see if it behaves differently as far as memory is
> concerned.
>
> Also, be sure to post your versions and platform.

switched matplotlib.use('WX') matplotlib.use('WXAgg')
not sure if I need to change anything else in my code to use WXAgg
everything looked the same to me, memory just keeps creeping up.

is there something that needs to be done to clear the:
self.lines[0].set_data(self.x,self.y)

That I am setting with:
self.lines = a.plot(self.x,self.y,'-')

I am confused about what exactly self.lines ends up being, I mean
self.lines[0] makes it seem like an array, however the assignment of the
a.plot does not seem like one.

thanks for the clues
Versions
Python 2.4.3