Hello,

I want to run a python program on a remote machine via ssh. It generates
figures and saves them to files. I don't need/want to see the figures as
they are being generated and saved.

When I do this on the remote machine (which is running linux) I get a
display error

_tkinter.TclError: no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable

Is there a way to disable drawing on the device and just have 'virtual'
drawing to a file?

thanks!
-Kaushik