On Oct 12, 2007, at 4:28 PM, Giorgio F. Gilestro wrote:

> Do you know if there is a reason why I cannot succeed in generating a
> pick_event using wxmpl?

Yes, WxMpl disables all matplotlib events to ensure that figure
zooming works correctly. I haven't had time to ensure that WxMpl will
work reliably in all cases when matplotlib's events are enabled.

> I know I could use EVT_POINT but I need the picker event to return
> the event.ind

Although it's a bit silly, one possible solution would be to have
your EVT_POINT callback generate a mouse event.  I think something
like this might work, but I haven't tried it...

from matplotlib.backend_bases import FigureCanvasBase

def OnPoint(evt):
        figureCanvas = evt.axis.figure.canvas
        FigureCanvasBase.button_press_event(figureCanvas, evt.x, evt.y, 1)

Ken