Hi,

Is it possible to expand the colorcycle that matplotlib uses by default?

in axes.py, class _process_plot_var_args, def _clear_color_cycle(self) It
seems that self.colors are hardcoded to be self.colors =
['b','g','r','c','m','y','k'] ... is there a way to extend this? (Without
changing the matplotlib code directly) I want to be able to extend it by ex.
dashed lines or others.. i sometimes have a large number of plots to do, and
the 7 default plot colors are not enough...

I know I could manually make a handler in my program to handle the colors
when I plot... but it would seem nicer if I could just pass a list of plot
colors to matplotlib.

Regards,
Soren