On Dec 5, 2007 8:37 AM, Stephen Uhlhorn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was just wondering what the status of the CocoaAgg backend is since
> there is not much info available.
>
> Can it be used interactively w/ipython?

I don't know for a fact, but the answer is probalby no.  Each GUI
backend requires an explicit implementation in ipython, since they all
have their own threading/callback/timer quirks (even qt3 and qt4 are
different).  Thus far, we don't have one for Cocoa.  It may 'just
work', but I don't know that, so if you find that it doesn't, and
decide to dig in to implement the support, by all means send it our
way!  The file to look at for inspiration is:

http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/browser/ipython/trunk/IPython/Shell.py

Cheers,