On Jan 29, 2008 9:46 AM, Slackenerny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hey,
> I'm currently plotting a dataset as x,y-scatter or a set of x values,
> and I would like to know if there is a simple way to highlight a

when I want to highlight a single point, I frequently use something
like the following trick:

x, y = np.random.rand(2, 30)
plot(x, y, 'o', ms=6, mfc='blue')
ind = 10 # highlight the 10th point
plot([x[ind]], [y[ind]], 'o', ms=15, mfc='yellow', alpha=0.4)

> Additional information: there is a second window with changing chemical
> structures, and I would like to have the energy that is connected to
> the structure shown at that very moment to be highlighted...

You should be able to connect events in one window with line
properties in the other to accomplish this -- let us know if you need
any help with this.

JDH