Rich Fought wrote:
> I'm plotting some grid data using pcolor, and trying to get canvas pixel
> locations of data points using the
>
> ax.transData.xy_tup()
>
> method.  I am saving these figures to PNG files using the default Agg
> backend.  When I open these images up in Gimp and check the pixel
> locations, the X pixel locations are accurate, but the Y pixel locations
> I am getting from matplotlib seem to be exaggerated the further away
> from Y=0 I go.  Am I using this method incorrectly?  Could this be an
> artifact of the rendering to PNG?

I determined what is causing the exaggerated y-pixel values.  I was using

axes().set_aspect('equal')

on the figure and this apparently does not get taken into account when using

ax.transData.xy_tup()

I tried setting the aspect in the original fig.add_subplot, but got the
same incorrect results.

ax = fig.add_subplot(111, aspect='equal')

Leaving the aspect alone gives correct pixel results.

Is this a bug, or expected behavior?

Rich