On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 4:30 AM, Andyy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does anyone know how can i change the grey background color of the canvas,
> the one which comes by default.
>
> Is that the axes color or canvas color? Please Help.

That is the facecolor of the figure patch, and you can set it like:

fig = figure(facecolor='red', edgecolor='white')

and also when you save you can set it there, since we have different
defaults for display and hardcopy

fig.savfig('myfig', facecolor='white', edgecolor='white')

both of these defaults can be changed in the matplotlib configuration
matplotlibrc (http://matplotlib.sf.net/matplotlibrc) file using the
following settings:

figure.figsize   : 8, 6    # figure size in inches
figure.dpi       : 80      # figure dots per inch
figure.facecolor : 0.75    # figure facecolor; 0.75 is scalar gray
figure.edgecolor : white   # figure edgecolor

savefig.dpi       : 100      # figure dots per inch
savefig.facecolor : white    # figure facecolor when saving
savefig.edgecolor : white    # figure edgecolor when saving

JDH