Yesterday I compiled Matplotlib from SVN, and installed it to run on top of the dependencies that I have installed from the SciPy Superpack for OS X from Chris Fonnesbeck. Nearly everything seems to be working fine. However, there are a couple of glitches, and I can't tell whether it's because of something being out of sync between all my installed bits, or whether it's just the fact that I'm using the SVN code.

The first thing I noticed is that all of the LaTeX symbols I have in my plots are now messed up. I could see this being a font issue... does anyone know how/where Matplotlib gets pointed at the LaTeX fonts? And how I would check to see where it's looking, or whether it's not finding what it's looking for? I'm not getting any errors - my greek letters just cease to be greek, and various text decorations (like \bar{D}) come out as other things altogether (like D, only with an Angstrom symbol over it...).

The second thing is that in a figure in which I'm using twinx() to create a separate y-axis using the same x-axis, I no longer seem to be able to control the limits of the new axes. They just automatically re-scale to fit whatever data is being plotted, regardless of whether I use ax.set_ylim().

Third, and this was a problem before I did the re-compile, and it remains so, often (but not always) my figures refuse to draw completely, until I've re-sized the window in which they're being displayed. This happens even when I do a figure.show() at the end of the script. Some of the lines will draw, but not all of them. Is this a familiar problem?

Thanks for any suggestions...

Zane

--
Zane Selvans