On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Mauro Cavalcanti <mauro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 'src/backend_agg.cpp') in <bound method CleanUpFile.__del__ of
> <setupext.CleanUpFile instance at 0x874ab2c>> ignored
>
> But everthing seems to be working OK, as I tested my application with
> the newly installed version and it runs without crashes.

Yes, this is the cruft I referred to earlier in my email.  distutils
is putting copies of all our _somefile.cpp into the tarball as
somefile.cpp (leading underscore stripped).  I'm attaching my post to
the distutils-sig mailing list just in case anyone here has any
insight.  I think the warnings are harmless, but they are irritating

distutils-sig post
============

I am seeing some strange behavior in files with leading underscores.
I have some python extension code with names like::

 src/_somefile.cpp

and in my sdist they are being added in duplicate, one with the
leading underscore removed.

 src/somefile.cpp
 src/_somefile.cpp

This is causing easy_setup to complain at the end about not being able
to remove certain files.

 jdhun...@bic128:mpl98.5> find . -name backend_agg.cpp
 jdhun...@bic128:mpl98.5> find . -name _backend_agg.cpp
 ./src/_backend_agg.cpp
 jdhun...@bic128:mpl98.5> python setup.py sdist > sdist.out
 jdhun...@bic128:mpl98.5> grep backend_agg.cpp sdist.out
 copying src/_backend_agg.cpp -> matplotlib-0.98.5.1/src
 copying src/backend_agg.cpp -> matplotlib-0.98.5.1/src

When I run easy_install on the src tarball, I then get::

 Installed
/home/jdhunter/devez/lib/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib-0.98.5.1-py2.5-linux-x86_64.egg
 Processing dependencies for matplotlib==0.98.5.1
 Finished processing dependencies for matplotlib==0.98.5.1
 Exception exceptions.OSError: (2, 'No such file or directory',
'src/image.cpp') in <bound method CleanUpFile.__del__ of
<setupext.CleanUpFile instance at 0x29bb440>> ignored
 Exception exceptions.OSError: (2, 'No such file or directory',
'src/path.cpp') in <bound method CleanUpFile.__del__ of
<setupext.CleanUpFile instance at 0x29ba8c0>> ignored
 Exception exceptions.OSError: (2, 'No such file or directory',
'src/backend_gdk.c') in <bound method CleanUpFile.__del__ of
<setupext.CleanUpFile instance at 0x7fe8fa2ee998>> ignored
 Exception exceptions.OSError: (2, 'No such file or directory',
'src/backend_agg.cpp') in <bound method CleanUpFile.__del__ of
<setupext.CleanUpFile instance at 0x29bb290>> ignored

Using the standard distutils with python 2.5.1