On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 5:04 AM, Laurent Dufrechou
<laurent.dufrec...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've created a little software for data analysis with your fantastic
> library.
>
> I've made .exe with py2exe and since I've upgraded to last revision my .exe
> was no more working.
> I know this is a quick ugly fix, but I had to do a release so… J
>
> I don't use mlab.py but  making a  .exe seems to include it and import it…
>
> Any idea what should be THE good solution to correct mlab.py, and do you
> mind to commit a patch for this issue?

I don't think we'll take a patch of the form you have provided.  But
I'm pretty sure there is a solution on the py2exe end that requires no
changes to mpl.  py2exe is removing the doc, probably as a space
optimization.  If you disable optimization in py2exe, the problem
should go away, eg

  http://lists.wxwidgets.org/pipermail/wxpython-users/2005-May/039506.html

> On the website there is no doc to make a .exe.
>
> I've spent a lot of time making a setup.py script to do a .exe. Have some
> interest in it?
>
> Perhaps adding a section in the doc?

Yes, definitely, I would be very interested in a FAQ with some example
code we could put in the examples dir.  See

  http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/faq/howto_faq.html#submit-a-patch

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/faq/howto_faq.html#contribute-to-matplotlib-documentation

for instructions on how to contribute.

JDH