Hi, I've been getting a segmentation fault when trying to display
large images.  A transcript of a sample session is below.  I'm using
the TkAgg backend, and I am using numpy, but otherwise I have made no
modifications to the matplotlib setup.

milkyway /data/glimpseii $ alias pylab
alias pylab='/usr/local/adm/config/python/bin/ipython -pylab -log'
milkyway /data/glimpseii $ pylab
Activating auto-logging. Current session state plus future input saved.
Filename       : ipython_log.py
Mode           : rotate
Output logging : False
Raw input log  : False
Timestamping   : False
State          : active
Python 2.5 (r25:51908, Dec 22 2006, 16:08:43)

?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help      -> Python's own help system.
object?   -> Details about 'object'. ?object also works, ?? prints more.

  Welcome to pylab, a matplotlib-based Python environment.
  For more information, type 'help(pylab)'.

In [1]: import matplotlib,pyfits,numpy,scipy

In [2]: scipy.__version__
Out[2]: '0.7.0'

In [3]: numpy.__version__
Out[3]: '1.3.0'

In [4]: matplotlib.__version__
Out[4]: '0.98.5.2'

In [5]: f = pyfits.open('GLM_00600+0000_mosaic_I3.fits')

In [6]: f[0].data.shape
Out[6]: (10370, 9320)

In [7]: f[0].data.dtype
Out[7]: dtype('>f4')