Armin Moser wrote:
> Sebastian Busch wrote:
>> array([list(a[i,:i])+list(b[i,i:]) for i in range(a.shape[0])])
> It seems that I did not understand what you tried to reach.

Sorry. I wanted to do the same as Matthias -- taking his example:

=====
from scipy import ones, array

matrix1 = ones((4,4))
matrix2 = 2*ones((4,4))
matrix3 = array([list(matrix1[i,:i])+list(matrix2[i,i:])\
for i in range(matrix1.shape[0])])
=====

yields

matrix3
array([[ 2.,  2.,  2.,  2.],

it's quite the same, you just have to type less :)

best,
sebastian.