On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 13:33,
jmariette<jerome.marie...@toulouse.inra.fr> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> I have some probleme with Matplot/numpy !
> I'm using matplot v0.91.2 and I'm trying to get the hist function working !!

a rather old version of matplotlib (that's the name of the project):
we are at 0.98.5.3; try to upgrade and see if the situation improves.
Also, you don't specify the Numpy version (even if I think it's not
relevant here).

> I'm using the sample code of matplot:

with this same code and 0.98.5.3 I got the image attached

> With the same matplot lib but a different version of numpy I get 2 different
> number of bins !!! How is that possible ???
> using the 1.0.4 version of numpy, I get len(n) = 50 and len(bins) = 50 ...
> what sounds pretty right to me !! but using the version 1.2.1 (the last one
> I guess) I got len(n) = 50 and len(bins) = 51 What looks weird, doesn't it
> ???
>
> do you guys have an explanation ??
> Anybody faced the same problem ?

try to update matplotlib.

Writing note: your usage of several '?' and '!' could lead to upset
people, me for example. one char is enough to express the concept, no
need to repeat since it means you're screaming and "order" us to
reply, which is never the case on OSS projects users mailinglist.

Regards,